Write it anyway

Thursday, June 18, 2009
Anyway by Martina McBride (my favorite country singer) always inspires me when I think I may never be published. I've changed some of the lyrics to fit a writer's situation.

You can spend your whole life writin'
Somethin' from nothin'
One virus can come and blow it all away
Write it anyway

You can chase a dream
That seems so out of reach
And you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway

(Chorus)
God is great, but sometimes life ain't good
When I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
I do it anyway

This world's gone crazy and it's hard to believe
That tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway

You can love someone with all your heart
For all the right reasons
And in a moment they can choose to walk away
Love 'em anyway

(Repeat Chorus)

You can pour your soul out writin'
A story you believe in
That tomorrow they'll forget you ever wrote
Write it anyway
Yeah write it anyway

I write
I dream
I love
Anyway

That pretty much sums it up. I accept that my books may never be published, and after waiting for publishers for nine months, that may be the case. I will write anyway.

What inspires you?

7 comments:

  1. Love this song. Don't ever give up, Amber. You're an amazing writer. After the trial of our faith comes the reward.

  1. I hope I never have to give up. I do have some hope. I'm going to post it on Amazon for the kindle if it doesn't sale.

    How's things going with Sister Pact? You started anything new?

  1. That's a cool idea, hopefully it will sale soon!

    I'm excited about The Sister Pact's release, just a couple weeks now.

    I'm still working on the Marathon book and my Anti-TV book. It's a bit tough with cute boys home all the time.

    How's that beautiful baby?

  1. Tell me about it. I'm having such a hard time finding the time or the energy to write.

    Lily's SO much fun. I hope you get to have a girl someday.

  1. Tara Maya said...:

    Great song. I think it was inspired by the poem by Mother Theresa. I like your writer's version!

  1. Tara: I never knew that. Interesting.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...